Sometimes when I tuck my kids in bed at night, I try and think of what to pray with them or even how to pray properly for them. I would normally just think of people to pray for with them. Which is fine. I would let them think of people to pray for like gram, mamaw, dad, etc..
I wasn't sure I was doing this whole praying thing right with my children, or for my children. When I came across this book in the store I bought it.
1. It was on sale 2. It was short. 3. I needed to read something about/for my kids.
I wanted to share some of my favorite things I learned from this book:
- The most important lessons your child will ever learn is how to say I'm sorry
- Teach your kids to be really good at saying please, sorry, and thank you
- When you're feeling inadequate (or if you have feelings like these everyday like me) know that love covers a multitude of sins. (1 Peter 4:8)
- Prayer turns ordinary parents into prophets who shape the destinies of their children
- Your prayers for your children are the greatest legacy you can leave behind
- You can't choose Christ for your children, but you can pray they choose Christ
- Circle your prayers: aka: pray without ceasing: pray until God answers: pray through!
- Parenting is the hardest thing you'll ever do and the more you love your children the harder it is it is spiritually, emotionally, relationally taxing
- Celebrate victories along the way!
- We have a heavenly Father who compensates for our deficiencies, weaknesses, mistakes, where we fail as earthly parents, our heavenly Father can succeed.
- Find out what your child lacks and declare scriptures over them regarding that matter
- When in a place of spiritual desperation, ask your kids to pray for you
- 100 percent of the prayers I don't pray, won't get answered
- Blessings will complicate your life, but they will complicate your life in the way that God wants
- Your prayers will shape the destiny of your family for generations to come
PRAYER IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN:
Start praying Luke 2:52 over your children "Let them increase in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.
Intercede for future spouses, believe in miracles, pray hedges of protection around them, pray that they are dangerous for the Lords purpose to impact their generation.
Lord, let their ears be tuned to the still small voice of the Holy Spirit. Give them the ear of Samuel.
Create a list of prophetic words to pray and declare over your children. I will give you an example of my daughters. You may use as a template if you would like! Figure out what your child lacks in emotional or physical well being and read and declare scriptures over them on it.
Example: My daughter is fearful of things like storms, the dark etc. So I would declare: The Lord has not given you a spirit of fear.
I wrote out what Raelynns name meant: Raelynn means Beautiful Lamb